Fishing has been there for ages. It is an activity of catching fish or other aquatic animals. For some people, fishing is an activity to practice in their spare time as a source of enjoyment. On the other hand for some people, it is a source to earn money for living. Fishing tournaments are held. Fish and fish products are also a source of food, about one billion people around the world rely on fish as their main source of protein.
So, whether it is a hobby or a profession, you should know some important techniques and Fish Hunting tips on how to start fishing.
If you are a beginner here is a list of basic fishing equipment that you will need to start.
- A fishing license: get a license according to your state guidelines and rules before going out for fishing.
- Fishing rod and reel: there is a variety of fishing rods and reels. choose the ones that you find comfortable to use.
- The fishing line: as it has been said, that your line is the only connection between you and the fish, make sure that the material of your line is good and it is thin enough so that the fish cannot see it.
- Fishing weights: sinker or fishing weights comes in a variety of shapes and sizes, such as swivel sinker.
- Fishing hooks: they come in a large variety of sizes, design, material, and shape depending on the intended purpose.
- Fishing baits or lures: you can take live baits (worms, leeches) or you can also pick some artificial baits (plastic worms).
- A bucket: in which you can keep your fish.
- Clippers: to cut the fishing line.
- Research Areas
The first thing you will need to do is to search for an area where you are likely to find fish. Also, make sure that you have permission to catch fish in that particular area because the authorities might have put restrictions on some areas.
- Improved Clinch Knot
The improved clinch knot, which is also known as the salmon knot, is the most widely used knot because it provides great strength and is very simple. It is used to secure the hook to the fishing line.
Passing the fishing line through the hook, make 5 turns around the standing line. Now, take the loose end of the line and pass it through the hook hole and the loop formed. Pass the line through the second large loop formed. Moisten the line and pull the knot tight.
- Fishing Rigs
The Rig is the arrangement of hooks and sinkers that you add to the fishing line. There are several types of rigs and each type has a specifics purpose.
Tie a hook at the end of your fishing line with the knot. Attach one or two sinkers to your mainline,6 to 12 inches above the hook to add a bit of weight to your line.this weight will keep your bait or lure suspended vertically down in the water. Now, clip a bobber to the rig, 3 to 4 feet above the hook. The bobber helps you know when the fish is biting the bait.
- Fishing Tackles
By using spin-casting tackle also known as a spinning tackle, you can cast your baits at greater distances. It works best for larger fish and is effective in the wind too. With a spinning reel, you can adjust the drag easily.you can also use spin-casting outfits in which the reel is mounted on the top of the rod handle.
- How to Cast
Casting the rod can be a little difficult for some people. But, in reality it is a very simple step and you can master it easily with a little bit of practice.
While casting hold the rod firmly. Pull out the line until you have about six inches of line hanging out of the tip-top. Open the bail, point the rod towards the target, bring the rod up to vertical, push the rod forward. When the rod is halfway to the target let go of the line. This step requires a lot of practice.
- How to Reel in a Fish
When the fish is biting the bait you will notice the weight on the line and the bobber will start to move.
Lift the tip of the rod to set the hook in the fish’s mouth, maintain a steady stance, and reel the fish in. Once you are done remove the hook.
So, no matter how difficult it looks to catch a fish it is very easy and simple. all you need is the right equipment and a bit of practice and then you will be good to go. Fishing is an easy and yet very engaging activity and its fun too.